Chirping TR3

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chirping TR3
From: "Adrian Jaworski" <jaworski@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:55:47 -0500
All,

Not sure if it was the long sleep over winter, but since being awakened, the
'59 TR3a has developed a pronounced  .chirp-chirp-chirp at the front of the
engine.  No leaks, motor seems to run cool, just the chirp.  Yeah, I did
check the grill and no there's nothing fowl stuck in there.

Seems I recall hearing that a chirping sound may a precede a water pump
failure but I can't find anything in the archives.   Anybody heard that
chirping sound before - any way to test the wp before replacing?   I've got
the original zirk-fitted pump now, how difficult is it to rebuild rather
than replace?  Thanks.

Adrian

Naperville, IL

TS44105LO