Re: BTDT (was : Making Metal Brake Lines) (no LBC content)

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: BTDT (was : Making Metal Brake Lines) (no LBC content)
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 22:37:30 -0700
> And how much older than dirt ARE you, Phil ?  BTDTGTTS has been around since
>the
> dark days before the Internet, when a 1200 baud modem was fast ...

I can never keep track of all the acronyms.  But I agree with Randall,
"and I got the t-ee shirt" was a marketing phrase used several decades
ago that got applied to just about everything for a while.  Is your
daughter in her fifties?

> And Yes, I've probably still got a 300 baud laying around somewhere.

I used one of the prototypes of a Van Gein coupler a couple times during
the 60's at SRI. It was one of the original acoustic couplers back in
the days where modems produced audio tones through the phone mouth piece.

Does that count?

Sorry nothing older today than a microwave modem.

TeriAnn