Main bearing seal conversion

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Main bearing seal conversion
From: Tony and Jeanne <whosgoofy@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 15:56:32 -0400
List,
Now that some work is getting done, here come my questions, I hope you
all can put up with me until the car is together again.
Can anyone tell me why the two additional holes have to be drilled in
the main bearing cap when the new seal is used?
It seems like two 3/8 or 10 mm holes in addition to the one that is
already there is a lot.
The instructions say it's to release the pressure on the seal, wow,
there must be more pressure there than I thought.
TIA
Tony Cascio
58 TR3A
TS 27093
Starting and getting some progress on the engine rebuild, body shop has
actually done a little as well, this might be the year it gets done........