RE: Timing Reground Cam

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Timing Reground Cam
From: "Jeff Tedder" <jtedder68@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 10:49:26 -0700
Hi Mike,

I think you're on the right track - you could place something about 12" long
and flat on the crank journal (since it's round, it should be relatively
easy to sit something on it and be pretty close to right on top), then turn
the crank with a straightedge on the top of the block or liner, and you'd be
at TDC when whatever you put on the crank stops going up and starts going
down.  You could do it with the bottom of the block going the opposite way
as well.

I think you're going about it the right way - there may be an easier way to
do it, but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

Hope this helps!

Jeff Tedder

'66 & '67 TR4A