Re: TR4 clutch fork pins - how to press out?

To: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 clutch fork pins - how to press out?
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 09:47:58 -0700
No, actually I think from outside towrds the inside would be a better
descriptor. Do you have new pins? The part that goes through the clutch fork
is a smaller diameter than the part that the bearing holder rides on, so it
has to go towards the center.  The outside of the pin is spread out with a
punch (I used a ballpean hammer),  so this has to be ground down for the pin
to be removed.

Hope I understood your question and this is of some help,
Bob