TR2 pos ground

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2 pos ground
From: "William Scherer" <scherer_william@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 08:57:54 -0700
Hi List
  Picked up the TR2 from the body shop, and drove it over to my Dads house.
Upon shutdown I noticed the amp meter was still showing +10 amps.  Opened
the hood, and saw the batter was installed backwards, so the Neg post went
to Ground.  I was surprised!  After setting the battery back to its normal +
ground, fired up the engine, fThe voltage regulator started going Click,
click, along with the red indicator light on the Dash.  Dad gave the
regulator a rap with a screwdriver handle, and the clicking/flashing
stopped.  Everything appears normal now except the amp Meter, which will not
move unless I tap on it with my knuckles.  I am assuming it is damaged.
  So the question is, Would this have damaged anything else? Thanks
everyone, have a happy Independance Day.  Go thank a Vet.
  Bill In Minnesota
  54 TR2