Re: electric fuel pump conversion and Question

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: electric fuel pump conversion and Question
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 18:13:11 -0700
> I took for a pair of 45 DCOEs is in fact a pair of 42 DCOEs. I will of
> course buy a Webber book before launching in, but for now does anyone
> know abouty the 42s?

Oh a little.

42DCOE 8 Webers were only used as the standard carburetor on the
Maserati 3500 GT and the Morgan Super Sport.  Maserati
  paid to have a bunch of 42DCOEs special built so they would
         be available for this one engine. Consequentially, during
              the late '60's and early '70's 42DCOE8s were widely
available                   at deeply discounted prices from Weber. They
were the                   cheap conversion of choice for Triumphs,
Morgans, Ford Pinto                   and Capri 2000 (when dual DCOEs
were used), Volvo 122S, 144,                   P1800.

42DCOEs have been out of production for several years as have their
                 chokes, aux. chokes, butterfly valves and throttle
shafts. 40DCOE                     throttle shafts are the same size
except for the width of the slots for the butterfly valves. They can be
filed wider and used on 42DCOEs.

The 42 share the same construction as the 40 and you can use a gasket
kit for a 40DCOE.

I have a web page that has a little info on DCOEs.

www.tjwakeman.net/TR/WeberDCOEinfo.htm

TeriAnn