RE: Hydraulic line flaring kits

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Jeff Tedder"
Subject: RE: Hydraulic line flaring kits
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 10:37:50 -0400
Jeff,
If you have a AutoZone near you, I would suggest using one of their loaner
flaring tools. I used one when helping my sons friend restore an old Jeep.
It did a great job creating double flairs on steel lines and if you wanted
to keep it the cost was $25.00 or so. As I remember, I paid a $25.00 deposit
and could use it pretty much as long as I wanted. Don't know what Eastwood
wants for theirs but having bought things from them myself be prepared for
high shipping/handling costs.. They offer top quality parts but I bet is
will be way more than what AutoZone wants. Spend the difference on another
TR stuff!
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A (waiting for engine parts)
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a