Re: New caliper pistons fit tight

To: Just Brits <justbrits@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: New caliper pistons fit tight
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:15:28 -0400
Just Brits wrote:
> <<I bead blasted the cylinder cavity so I know the rubber seal groove was
> very
> clean.>>
>
> In my HO, the mistake is above, Don!!!
>
> << Hmmm I put some of that red brake lube in the groove. Maybe that was a
> mistake.>>
>
> And this "above" should assist your efforts; again in my HO.
>
> All that said, do you have NEW correct bolts for halves???  KNOW the
> torque??
>
> Ed

Hi Ed,

Why do you think I should not have bead blasted the cylinder cavity? I plugged
the brake fluid
passageways before bead blasting and flushed everything including the
passageways with brake cleaner.

I do not have new correct bolts. No one seems to know where to get them. Can
you get them? I don't
know the torque either. I'm following Nelson's write up at Buckeye. He reused
the old bolts and
specifies a torque, but I don't know it off hand. My understanding was it was
one of Girling's
deepest secrets :-).

If you can get the bolts, let me know.

Don Malling