1977 Spitfire 1500 Swap or Part-Exchange

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net,
Subject: 1977 Spitfire 1500 Swap or Part-Exchange
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:08:35 +0100
Dear All,

Firstly, apologies for cross-posting to five mailing lists, but I wanted
to reach everyone who might be interested.   I don't know whether this
is going to work, but I thought it worth a try:

As some of you know, Carly failed her MOT a few weeks ago, and I have
been agonising about what to do.   She needs a small number of trivial
repairs, and an unknown amount of structural welding around the O/S/R
tie-bar.   Mechanically and electrically she is in excellent condition,
but the body work is tired, with some filler already in place, and some
rust bubbling through.   Her TSSC Valuation earlier this year was
GBP4000.   I have decided that I am not really the right owner for her,
and that she needs someone who is capable of, and willing to do, a full
body-off restoration.   If I sell her on the open market as an MOT
failure, she is likely to go for a song, and be broken for scrap, which
I would greatly regret.

All that being the case, is anyone interested in a part-exchange or swap
for Carly?   I would be happy to consider any sort of Triumph - except,
(sorry), no Acclaims - with decent bodywork and solid chassis, and would
be willing to bring a wodge of cash to the party for the right
part-exchange.   (In particular, I've been looking for an early 2.5PI
Estate for ages...)   Trade welcome.

Carly is currently in Bedford, (that's about fifty miles due north of
London), so this is probably only going to be relevant to listers in
England.

See: http://www.hargreave-mawson.demon.co.uk/Spit.html for pictures, and
more information about her past history, distant and recent.

Contact me on <OC@46thFoot.com> for further details (e.g., copy of full
MOT failure sheet) and/or to offer swap or part-ex cars.

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671