TR6 steering shaft

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 steering shaft
From: ASesso@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:07:53 EDT
I am having a great deal of difficulty re-assembling my steering shaft to
the steering rack. It seems when I fit all the pieces ( the bullet the spacer
tubing to the flexible coupling and steering rack the assembly is to long and
there is a gap between the steering wheel and column. I have assembled this
several times and even loosened my steering rack but I am still having the same
 problem. What am I am doing wrong? Do you absolutely need the spacer and
bullet?
                       Thanks
                          Art