Overdrive HELP

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdrive HELP
From: "shrack04@netzero.net" <shrack04@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 20:00:30 GMT
Steve Newell is passing through Lawrence and we are working on his overdrive in
his TR4.  It engages but clicks rapidly when engaged. It will sometimes engage
correctly and not click, but usually only under say about 1000 rpm.  It's hard
to check the alignment with it in the car and the tunnel not removed.  We are
in the process of removing the trany tunnel, but if someone could guide us in
the right direction, it would help.  We are going to try his spare solenoid and
try adjusting the engagement lever.  He has replaced the overdrive relay.
Anything else we should try?   Kent Shrack