RE: Can someone help with some bolts?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Can someone help with some bolts?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:59:51 -0700
> I need to find a couple of transmission to engine bolts for a TR6 (maybe used
> for 250 also -- don't know).
>
> They are the only 3/8 bolts (other than starter), there are two of them and
> they have a shoulder on the bolts. They are called dowel bolts and one is
> located two bolts up from the top starter bolt, with the other directly across
> from it.
>
> The part number is 132872 (in cas anyone actually has any stock of this)
>
> Can anyone help me with these?

I wish you luck, Vito ... I looked high and low for those last year without
success.  Most vendors supply ordinary 3/8" bolts, which are not a full .375" in
diameter and so do not ensure correct alignment of the transmission to the
engine.  I wound up threading both ends of a short section of 3/8" drill rod,
which seemed to work quite well.

Randall