79 TR7 DHC available, Bay Area, low $$$

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 79 TR7 DHC available, Bay Area, low $$$
From: "Chris Bohn" <cbohn@sidepipe.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:08:25 -0700
Someone on this list may be interested:

A private party in my town of Mill Valley, CA (SF Bay Area) is selling a 79
TR7 DHC for $500. Car must be picked up here.

Highs:
=====

-- Engine rebuilt by "world renowned Triumph expert" Wayne Bier

-- Head gasket appears to be effective and stable

-- Mostly original paint (BRG)

-- Seems to be devoid of rust (CA car)

-- Interior recently fixed up (new carpeting, seats reupholstered)

-- Fuel Injected motor

-- New top has minor tear at rear window

Lows:
=====

-- Needs new tires

-- Driver door does not open unless you are King Kong

-- Interior has been redone but not stock:  Seats are now tan vinyl instead of
Tartan cloth.

-- Interior is musty

-- Muffler is in the trunk

I have not driven this car, and the above is the extent of my knowledge about
it, and I cannot guarantee the info.  My own opinion is that for $500 you
could have yourself a genuine Triumph which does indeed run.

If you are interested, email me directly and I will put you in touch with the
seller.  I have no financial interest in this car at all. The seller simply
has too many vehicles, and the neighbors are getting a little agitated.

--Chris