TR250 seats

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR250 seats
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:07:19 -0700
I am attempting to install a set of leather seat kits from TRF on the seat
frames from my TR250. The  seat frames have been reconditioned with new
paint, foam inserts, and new diaphragms. I am having a problem attaching the
upholstery panels that will be against the driver's and passenger's back.
These panels must be pulled down very tight in order for the seat backs to
fit properly. I am unable to determine how or where to secure them! There is
no obvious place to 'hog ring' them and it doesn't look like contact cement
would work as the strain against the glued joint would be at 90 degrees to
the glue, not the best way to use contact cement!

I have read and looked at pictures that describe how to do TR6 seats from
several web sites, but those seats appear to be a completely different beast
from the TR250 seats!!

If any of you has 'been there and done that,' I would really appreciate
hearing just how and where you secured that piece of the upholstery.

TIA,

Jim

Jim Bauder
'68 TR250, CD47L