answer to misfiring tr3a thanks everyone

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: answer to misfiring tr3a thanks everyone
From: VALURX@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 21:34:58 EDT
Last month I posted a question concerning my 1961 tr3a which was misfiring
when hot.  The bulk of the suggestions from the list were to replace the coil,
with a few distributor type suggestions.  Replacing the coil changed nothing.
The distributor cap and associated parts were new, but inside the distributor
was a wire which appeared to have been made with the "biodegradable"
insulation recently mentioned here about another country's products.  This
allowed
electricity to jump around at will depending on temperature and humidity.
Replacing this wire seems to have done the trick.  Thanks to all who responded.
 Allen
Cohen