RE: answer to misfiring tr3a thanks everyone

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: answer to misfiring tr3a thanks everyone
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:11:19 -0700
> The distributor cap and associated parts were new, but inside the distributor
> was a wire which appeared to have been made with the "biodegradable"
> insulation recently mentioned here about another country's products.

Just a side comment Allen ... if you're talking about the wire from the side
terminal to the points, it should be a special wire that is designed to take the
constant flexing caused by the action of the vacuum advance.  If you substitute
ordinary wire, it will eventually break inside the insulation, leading to a very
frustrating "roadside tech session".

Fortunately I was only a few blocks from home.  I believe the correct wire is
available from the usual suspects.

Randall