Coil replacement

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Coil replacement
From: "Richard Alexander" <RALEXANDER@smail.umaryland.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:31:50 -0400
Similar experience with TR3A, HT lead from coil had oil and dirt in it but no
male post over which I would expect the female connector would fit. When I
look down into the hole in the top of the coil there is just a screw head
(covered with oily grime) sitting at the bottom. I suppose the post got pulled
off some time ago--I am astonished that I ever got a spark as the HT lead must
have just sat against the scew head. Or perhaps this is the Lucas design (!)

What is the list's reccomendation for coil replacement--is the Lucas Sport
coil an improvement? How about the Bosch Blue coil that was made for VW? I do
not want to go electronic but if one of the other coils would be a significant
improvement I am happy to deviate from originality to that extent. Should be a
"non-ballast" coil, right?
rich
58 TR3A TS26412