Re: TR3 redesign?

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 redesign?
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 06:53:44 -0700
Paul Dorsey wrote:
> I don't mean to offend anyone, but, has anyone done or seen anykind of
> improvement/redesign to the body of a TR3?

I was always partial to a Devin body shell myself.  But for the real do
it yourselfer there is always the Peyote style redesign of a TR3 body.
Fabricate an aluminum body from scratch.  Fiberfab likely has done a
body that might fit.

I often day dream about a TR based Devin but I think I would start the
project with a rolling frame and not a complete car.  It's way cheaper
and a lot less work that way.

Personally, rather than chop up an existing classic roadster I would
rather construct a faux-classic from the ground up.  There are some very
nice kits out there and selling your TR3 could help finance one.  One
kit I have always fancied is an aluminum bodied C type Jag.  And I
always thought that a Magruder Chevron B-16 replica would make a dandy
commute car.

But considering the price of fuel these days I find myself wondering if
a Mazda 2L diesel as fitted in the mid 80's Ford Escort (over 50 MPG
highway) could be made to fit into a Morris Traveler.

> I love the way an old Jaguar 120 tapers off completely(in the back).

You can do that but it will cost you your spare tyre compartment.  Of
course you can take a page out of the Land Rover book and mount the
spare on the bonnet.

I understand that someone makes a XK120 fiberglass body

TeriAnn