took delivery of TS 561 L today . . .

To: TR <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: took delivery of TS 561 L today . . .
From: Hoyt <hoyt@cavtel.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:45:02 -0500
Good news. I just took delivery of TS 561 L today. The body number is EB550
and the original paint appears to be Perl White. The interior trim and seats
are Fawn(?); the seats are trimmed ala-TR3 as is the bulkhead panel and back
seat. The front apron has the later TR2 chrome surround trim and no grill;
it's original color appears to be red, but the inner fenders show no signs of
collision damage, so no clue as to why it was replaced.

The car has engine TS16299E (haven't yet checked the transmission), but the
original rear axle and front drums remain; the Lockheed master cylinder had
been replaced with a Girling and the Lockheed clutch slave was in a box in
the trunk. All the baby Tenax female fasteners are attached to the
convertible top, but the sidescreens are affixed using Lift-a-Dot fasteners.
The center Lucas 525 light is intact, but the rear side lenses have been
"upgraded" to the round Lucas 549 versions. Both the aluminum bonnet and
spare cover are present and the long doors are in very good shape.

I did find some plastic beading material in the trunk that matches the
original color; the seams are Bondo'ed over, but the Bondo is not very thick.
the front wings are useless, rear are OK, some rust around the spare tire
panel; floors almost totally rusted. A cursory exam of the frame reveals
nothing sinister.

I plan to make a thorough inventory of what I have and what will need to be
replaced. I'll clean and dry the body and Ospho it before I store it for the
winter. Any advice?

--
Hoyt

===     http://www.vtr.org