Source for PhotoStamps (was: off topic postage stamps)

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Source for PhotoStamps (was: off topic postage stamps)
From: Hoyt <hoyt@cavtel.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:15:25 -0500
On Wednesday 14 December 2005 17:41, John Wise wrote:
> >Anyone else happen to see (or use) the collectors stamps the USPS is
> > selling right now Sporty Cars of the 50s?  No Brit cars (unless you
> > count the Nash Austin), but something different for us car nuts :-)
>
> Our admin showed me a US Postage stamp with her grandchildren's
> picture on them. She said her daughter had the post-office make them
> for her...

http://photo.stamps.com/PhotoStamps/?source=si11005301

PhotoStamps is officially authorized by the US Postal Service. It's real
postage!

Content Restrictions
(http://photo.stamps.com/PhotoStamps/conditions/crPopup.jsp)

 You agree not to use the PhotoStamps website or service:

 <SNIP>
 B. To upload, order for print, or otherwise transmit or communicate any
material that depicts celebrities or celebrity likenesses, regional, national
or international leaders or politicians, current or former world leaders,
convicted criminals, newsworthy, notorious or infamous images and
individuals, or any material that is vintage in appearance or depicts images
from an older era;
 <SNIP>
 D. To upload, order for print, or otherwise transmit or communicate any
material that you do not have a right to transmit or communicate under any
contractual or fiduciary relationship or which infringes any copyright,
trademark, patent or other intellectual property right or any moral right of
any party;
<SNIP>

So there are limits as to what can be printed on a stamp for we Triumph
enthusiasts. No copyrighted images, no vintage Triumph photos, etcetera. I
suspect that a picture of you driving your own car would be acceptable.

Pricing can be found at
http://photo.stamps.com/PhotoStamps/support/prices/

--
Hoyt