Re: TR3 heater rant

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: TR3 heater rant
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 09:52:34 -0000
Randall wrote:
> Sorry, John, I didn't mean to imply any criticism of the car or it's
> designers.

Absolutely no criticism interpreted. That's the trouble with email! Unless
you know all the smileys - which I don't, there's a chance of upsetting
someone and I wouldn't want to do that. My comment was rather tongue in
cheek.

> I just don't believe it's true of the TR2/3 heater.  Nor do I remember
> seeing a factory comment to that effect in any of the TR2/3 literature.
> Because the fresh air vent is not linked to the heater, having it open can
> only add cold air to the cabin.

As I'm not an offionado of the sidescreen TR (though I would dearly love
one) I have to assume the car I drove some years ago in a long distance road
event had been very professionally modified. We had so much heat coming
through the footwells and screen vents, it was a true pleasure driving it
long after midnight with the top down. It reminded me of my own 4A (now long
gone)  and in my earlier post I'd put 2+2 together and made 6. Put it all
down to advancing years!

JM

===     http://www.vtr.org