RE: [TR] Fuel Line Blockage???

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Fuel Line Blockage???
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 15:09:35 -0700
> I get home, pop the hood and
> notice that there's absolutely no fuel in the fuel filter.

That means it was full of air ... where did the air come from ?

> Would it be a bad idea to disconnect the fuel line at the filter
> and give it
> a blast of compressed air to clear the line to see what happens?

I don't think I'd want to do that with a tank full of gas on the other end
... especially not with high pressure air.  If you open the gas cap, you'll
blow gas all over the place, and if you don't, you risk blowing something
apart and/or forcing liquid fuel into the carbon canister.  I'd siphon out
most of the fuel, first.  Or use my little Facet "spare" fuel pump to pump
it out and into some other car.

Before getting too carried away, I'd have a look at the soft lines under the
trunk.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org