Re: [TR] odometer reset

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] odometer reset
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 16:57:54 -0700
Eureka Saws Co, Inc. wrote:

>Hello to all,
>While cleaning and installing my speedo in my 59 TR3A, The reset knob for the
>odometer was not attached. It has a small piece of plastic at the end without
>the knob.

My recollection is that the end w/o the knob should be hollow and slip
over the metal shaft protuding (just barely) from the speedo case.  The
metal shaft has a threaded hole in it and the reset knob shaft also has
a hole in the side.  Once it is slipped over the metal shaft the holes
are aligned and a very small screw is used to secure it.  I think I have
even swiped a screw from an old pair of glasses that worked.

I too have a hole in the lip of the dash... actually 2 holes... one for
each big instrument opening so the speedo could be mounted either on the
left or right.  That said, the reset knob had to bend and would bind if
I used the hole so instead it just sticks straight down from the speedo
and clears the lip.

Geo H