[TR] Re: TR6 Hardtop was [TR}Re:

To: rgperry@earthlink.net, sandner@worldnet.att.net,
Subject: [TR] Re: TR6 Hardtop was [TR}Re:
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 08:18:47 EDT
In a message dated 7/4/2006 9:25:32 PM Central Standard Time,
rgperry@earthlink.net writes:
> Dave,
>
> The rear hardtop mounting bolt holes have an adjusting nut.  I assume that
> the adjusting nut raises and lowers the mounting height of the rear mounting
> deck of the hardtop.  How does one know when it is adjusted properly?

I don't know.  Mine never had nuts.  Just long bolts that passed through the
hardtop mounting flange into the pressnuts in the car.  I remember tightening
the bolts until I thought the gasket was compressed enough.  Perhaps I was
just missing the nuts and the nuts will allow the bolt to be run down tight
with
the nuts maintaining the proper gasket compression.  But I never had trouble
with the bolts backing off without the nuts in place.

But that was 10 years ago.  I traded that car for a TR3 and kept the 71.

BTW the hard top turns the TR6 into a very comfy coupe.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org