[TR] GT6+ Rumble

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] GT6+ Rumble
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 09:25:12 EDT
Guys,
I got frustrated so I took the GT6+ to a professional.  He took the right
rotoflex apart and could find nothing really wrong.  This is the one with the
Hump, rotating while suspended.  He replaced the bearing which was tight and
showing signs of wear as well as the donut.  The hump is still there but less
pronounced with the rumble still present so he took a look at the diff (I
should
have done that) and found silver oil and worn spider gears.  They ran the thing
suspended with the axles disconected and evidently the diff ran real rough.
Think the problem has been discovered? This is a Newly remanufactured diff
with 500 miles on it and a rumble at 55 MPH.
Woe is me,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org