Re: [TR] TR3A Upper Fulcrum Bolts

To: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@tvwireless.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Upper Fulcrum Bolts
From: kinderlehrer@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 19:37:57 +0000
Hi Bill, I just went through this. There is no captive nut for the rear bolts
but for the front one, you can get a socket up there behind/alongside the
spring. I think I used something like a12 inch extension, no universals. I put
the nut in the socket and then aligned it from the top with an awl and was able
to get the bolt started fairly easily. I didn't undo the rear one completely,
just enough to rotate the fulcrum pin to where I could remove the upper A arm.
I don't remember what specific combination of extensions I used to get on that
nut to retighten it.  I thought about putting a little JB Weld on the nut first
so it would become a capture nut, but decided against it for some reason or
other I can't remember.
HTH, Bob

From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@tvwireless.net>

===     http://www.vtr.org