[TR] TR3A Upper Fulcrum Bolts

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3A Upper Fulcrum Bolts
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@tvwireless.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 12:03:16 -0700
     I am working on the upper A-arms on my TR3. I am investigated a
mysterious and elusive clunk that is in the drivers side brake/suspension. I
decided to change out the upper fulcrum and put in poly bushings while I was
in there. I found that I was missing a bolt on the back side of the fulcrum
(the rear bolt) and the other rear bolt was the wrong size with the nut loose.
     My question is: How to you get a nut on the rear bolt on the back side of
the fulcrum? Can you get a long socket extension up beside the shock? Is there
supposed to be a captive nut welded in there?
     Please tell me that I don't have to remove the shock!

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA

===     http://www.vtr.org