[TR] TR4A 175 CD Metering Needles

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR4A 175 CD Metering Needles
From: Michael Godley <mgodley@tiac.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 18:21:50 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Listers,

I am rebuilding the Strombergs on my  4A.  The needles in the carbs have  022
stamped on them.  Mine is early (1965), and the factory workshop manual
specifies  a 2E needle ( up to CTC 54939, then 2H is specified).

Moss just shows two needles.....a 2A needle for TR4 and 2H for TR4A.

Is anyone familiar with the 022 size/designation?  I have the profile for the
2H from an earlier post...does anyone have information on the 2E?

The engine is stock except for 87MM pistons.  Has anyone experimented with a
different metering needle for this modification?

Thanks

Mike Godley
65 Tr4A

===     http://www.vtr.org