Re: [TR] resistance for the fuel sending gauge?

To: Chip19474@aol.com, lstein6@gmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] resistance for the fuel sending gauge?
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 03:06:27 +0000
> I just repaired a fuel sending unit from a Lotus Europa....looks a lot like a
> Spitfire unit (don't tell the Lotus people!)..

I have news for you.  Lotus Europa people already know that their cars are an
astonishing accumulation of parts from other cars.

A guy was working on the body shape for the Europa.  Chapman came in carrying a
bumper.
"Make the back of the car this shape so the bumper bolts on.  I can get these
in quantity."
"What kind of bumper is this?"
"Cortina."
After a while, the guy starts thinking, "Half a mo.  I drive a Cortina."
He walks out into the car park and sees that the front bumper is missing from
his car.

The front of the car is shaped like the front bumper from a Ford Anglia.

Front uprights, brakes, and steering gear is Spitfire.  Rear uprights and axles
adapted from Sunbeam Imp.

And so it goes.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,

===     http://www.vtr.org