Re: [TR] Need help with seatbelt interlock and warning system

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, kehrlich@syntapharma.com,
Subject: Re: [TR] Need help with seatbelt interlock and warning system
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 20:39:24 EDT
In a message dated 7/7/2006 6:23:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:

I have  not worked on a 74 TR6, but I am pretty good with electrical stuff,
and  have Dan's schematic.  My inclination would be to punt the  interlock
module entirely (pull it's connector off).  To get the  starter to work, all
that's needed is to jumper the white/red wire to the  white/orange wire.

==AM==
I agree: that's probably the way to go. Those SMITHS interlock modules  could
be trouble even with all the bells and whistles (and seat sensors)  properly
connected...as I discovered many years ago on a '74 Spitfire. What  Randall
suggests is exactly what I had to do to keep driving the Spit. ;-)

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org