Re: [TR] Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix and WPTA Brittish Car

To: peketzu@verizon.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix and WPTA Brittish Car
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 14:51:56 EDT
peketzu@verizon.net writes:

<< Harold,

 I'll miss you this Saturday, but will be at the show and time trials at
 Schenley next Saturday.  Will you be there then?

So far I am planning on making the Sun 7- 8 - 06 autocross only.  I've dug
out the old tube frame dirt track car and am getting it ready for Sun.

No real plans to go to Schenley the next week.  Sat would probably be out
since I race asphalt oval track in the Buick on Fri night and don't get home
till
late.

For those interested, the autox car is a old tube 4 cylinder class dirt oval
car with a Dodge/ Mitsubishi 2.6  4 cylinder, auto trans.  Suspension is from
a 86 Mustang.  I bought the frame/body for $ 50 about 15 years ago.  Last
season the Mustang was given to me and I decided the old rusty Dodge had to go.

Throw the parts in the air, cut,  weld, grind.  Add less than $ 500 actual cash
and you get this.

http://autoxphotos.com/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=166&text=&image
id=9710&box=&shownew=

Not the best looking car but it does work.  ~ 1800 Lb, motor is set back  24"
and 6" to the right.  The left to right weight balance is 120 Lb heavy left
side with driver, F to R is near 50%

Harold

===     http://www.vtr.org