Re: [TR] TRF Summer Party

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TRF Summer Party
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 14:59:59 EDT
In a message dated 7/8/2006 8:48:59 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bdischer@blakedischer.com writes:

So for  Jack (and a bunch of equally hardcore racing guys I met that day),
I'd say  a VTR convention is about AUTOCROSS!

==AM==
Well, in 1997, I happened to ride to Ft. Worth with one of those "hardcore"
autocrossers. We caravaned with one other person from upstate NY who was
towing a racing Spitfire...and met up in Virginia with someone towing a racing
TR4. Long tows for a few minutes' time on the autocross course...much longer
than my six-hour tow to Portland, ME, in 1999 to do the same. So yeah, for
some,
 it's [in part] about AUTOCROSS.

As a marque club, VTR -- not surprisingly -- does put some emphasis on the
car show at the National Convention. But anyone who's been to more than one VTR
 National quickly realizes that it's much more about the friendships  that
stem from the mutual admiration of TRs, Spits, Heralds, pre-war  Southern
Crosses, and the occasional Standard 8 DHC or even Triumph-powered  Morgan +4
or
Peerless!

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org