[TR] TR6 suspension question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR6 suspension question
From: "james mc arthur" <jrmcarthur@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:16:07 -0400
    Good Day to the list!      I have finally removed the entire left front
suspension unit from the car. I HAD to remove it entirely as the cotter pins
were rusted in place preventing their removal (I tried and they just broke
off). I have disassembled the unit and here's the problem. The front lower
left arm bushing came out in shreds; rubber AS WELL AS the steel sleeve!
:(  I guess that is ONE of the sources of my sloppy suspension ;)! When I
looked at the bore that holds the bush, I noticed that a groove with the
same circumference profile as the bolt has been wore into the "shoulder" of
the arm. My question is: while I am concerned about the wear, does the arm
NEED to be replaced? I am rebuilding the suspension with nylatron bushings
and am wondering if, because of the description of how the bushing operates
(that I have read here, thank you!), will this groove prove to be
unimportant? I must stress that the arm is FAR from being worn through.
Thanks to all, in advance!........Jim McArthur/ CF17672U

===     http://www.vtr.org