Re: [TR] mystery strips & + ground

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] mystery strips & + ground
From: Michael Porter <portermd@zianet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 00:11:49 -0600
Randall wrote:

>>>Were British Cars originally positive ground due to the weather in England?
>>>Something I've heard about Misty climate conducting better.  Is this true?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Paul Dorsey
>>>60 TR3A
>>>

>>Paul, I'm afraid that someone has been pulling your leg.
>>

>Well, to be fair, there have been lots of people who believe positive ground IS
>better for reducing chassis corrosion.  One such was Henry Ford.

<snip>

>Henry Ford also backed Adolph Hitler.

Henry Ford's acceptance of the Grand Cross of the German Eagle from
Hitler in 1938 nominally helped reinforce Ford's reputation as an
anti-Semite, but it later fueled charges that Ford had been profiting
from both sides of the war (which he was--it was impossible for Ford to
have put so much money, in the immediate pre-war period, into Ford truck
plants in France without knowing that the Germans would soon be running
them).  But, history rarely remembers that, shortly after Ford's receipt
of the medal, a senior executive of General Motors, James Mooney, was
awarded a similar medal for his "distinguished services to the Reich."

Ford wasn't the only one who had his "polarity" mixed up.   :)

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....

===     http://www.vtr.org