RE: [TR] mystery strips & + ground

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] mystery strips & + ground
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 22:23:08 -0700
> >Were British Cars originally positive ground due to the weather in England?
> >Something I've heard about Misty climate conducting better.  Is this true?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Paul Dorsey
> >60 TR3A
>
> Paul, I'm afraid that someone has been pulling your leg.

Well, to be fair, there have been lots of people who believe positive ground IS
better for reducing chassis corrosion.  One such was Henry Ford.

But AFAIK, controlled tests have failed to show any advantage.  Cathodic
protection only works for things that are immersed in water, like ships.
Balance this mythical protection with the very real fact that virtually all
modern electronics are designed for negative ground; and originality is the only
reason I can see for sticking with positive ground.

Henry Ford also backed Adolph Hitler.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org