[TR] New Radiator

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] New Radiator
From: Bill & AnnaBelle <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:44:58 -0700
Hi Mike, and all TR3 racers ...
        Just got the new aluminum radiator from Ron Davis ...  what a
work of Art!  But ...
The instructions say any  brass in the system must be avoided ...
causes electrolysis. Replacing the bottom petcock will not be
problem, but I am concerned about the heater valve, which is brass.
Should I just remove it and replace with iron pipe fittings?
Also the instructions call for a 17-19  psi pressure cap ... that
sounds way high as the old ones are 4-7 lbs.  I hate to "assume" the
the pressure only applies to the new radiator, but would  hate to see
water pouring out of the head gasket.
        Any ideas, experience would be greatly appreciated ...

--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3 TS16765L

AnnaBelle Pugh