RE: [TR] bent parts / bad eyes???

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] bent parts / bad eyes???
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:43:34 -0700
> When looking
> close at the lower wishbone mounting brackets, they appear to be bent. The
> sides of the bracket are not perpendicular to the back of the
> bracket. They
> appear to be ever so slightly shy of perpendicular.

Jim, I'm no expert, but I believe they should be perpendicular.  Sounds like
you do have some accident damage.  But "ever so slightly" doesn't sound like
enough to worry about.

> he went so far as to send me a copy
> of Richard's article discussing the bushings, materials, etc. I
> can forward
> the article to anyone interested.

I'd like a copy, please.

FWIW I greased the inner bore of all my Nylatron bushings when I installed
them, even added some zerks in places so I could renew the grease.  I've
been very happy with the results.  But I think my bushings originally came
from Racetorations in the UK (I got them from BFE).

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org