[TR] Re: Hunting and radiator fan

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Re: Hunting and radiator fan
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:31:22 -0700
J Roth wrote:

> You didn't say what model van you have and whether you have AC. The fan
> not coming on is an indication that the ($6) temperature switch screwed
> in the radiator housing (driver's side) is fouled and needs to be
> replaced.

 From William's description I think he may have a manual switch which
overrides the thermo switch.  I have one (VW fog light rocker switch for
2-speed operation) as most of my driving is in the mountains.  If I'm
starting up a steep grade on hot day and have 24 miles of 'up' ahead of
me I don't wait for the thermo switch to turn the fan on, I just do it
manually and give the radiaotr a chance to keep it's cool.

Geo H