RE: [TR] horns

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] horns
From: "Rarebits" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:31:47 +0100

There are all-metal UJ type steering couplings available, these do not need
a wire link as they have no insulating rubber components. No more expensive
than the original coupling, and still a genuine Triumph part. The only
downside is that they are about 1" longer than the standard coupling, only
an issue if you already have your steering wheel positioned at the extremes
of the available adjustment.
For the horn brush, I adopted a similar fix to yours on our Triumph 2000. In
that case the brush of the correct length was not available. Given the
amount of fiddling required, I don't think it's worth the effort for a car
like a Spitfire or TR, where the original can be bought new,
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics

PO Box 1232