[TR] Two TR6 problems

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Two TR6 problems
From: "Paul Mitchell" <paul@cynthesys.co.za>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 23:11:57 +0200
Well, one root cause, which is that I have too much to do at work, which
means I've been absent from this list for a while, and have been ignoring
niggling problems with my car in favour of driving it. Now they are getting
to a point where I feel the need (and may have the time) to do something,
and I am turning, as usual, to you guys.

First problem: there is a rattle when I have my foot on the clutch. It goes
away when I lift my foot and the clutch bites. Worn release bearing?? The
only thing that may be related is a slight vibration in 3rd gear at about
2200 revs. Only 3rd gear as far as I can tell.

Second problem: the temperature gauge gets to about the middle of the dial
as the car warms up, then settles back down to a point just below the second
mark, which is lower than it normally settles. Not really a problem; more of
a concern, and I'm a bit baffled by this one.

Can anyone help?
Thanks as always

Paul
74 TR6PI