[TR] Houston Control

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Houston Control
From: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <ambritts@ptdprolog.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 17:49:42 -0400
10

9

8

7

6
Houston we have ignition......:o)
5

4

3

2

1
Houston we have lift off. :o) :o):o)

What a great feeling. Put 2 gallons of gas in the tank and checked for leaks.
Nothing from the fuel tank, middle pipe union 5 second tightening, leak fixed,
fuel valve before pump, new compression sleeves, leak fixed. Wow! Neat so far!
Carbs flooding from vent tubes, front carb leaking at banjo bolt.:o(  Reversed
both gross jets adjusted floats, reversed front banjo bolt, all leaks fixed.
:o) Put water in radiator. Peacock leaking. Tighten down, leak fixed. :o)
Brand new NOS water gauge not registering, Disconnected and hooked in old
gauge. It works fine. Needs cleanup, no big deal.:o) Car ran for 1/2 hour at
800-900 rpms @ 185-190 degrees. Auxiliary fan never came on, wonder if it
works. :o) So where are the problems. Fuel gauge does not register, carbs need
balancing, need to drain water out of radiator and replace with coolant
mixture. Replace water temp gauge :o(, Then put the rest back together. Any
ideas on the fuel gauge. I have one wire from the harness. Sending unit has
two electrical connections. (???). As Terry would say, I love a car with a
running engine.
Alex Manzo
59 TR3A (now running and on the home stretch)

===     http://www.vtr.org