RE: [TR] Houston Control

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Houston Control
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 15:05:39 -0700
> Any ideas on the fuel gauge.

Make sure the gauge itself is grounded.  I believe the factory originally
installed a jumper from one of the gauge mounting posts to the ground tie point
in the dash panel, but it's frequently missing and not shown in any diagrams.
But the TR2/3 fuel gauge (unlike the later gauges) will not work properly
without a ground.

> I have one wire from the harness. Sending unit has
> two electrical connections. (???).

Most likely a ground for the sending unit.  Look at the top of the unit, it
should be obvious.  Here I'm not sure if Triumph originally installed a ground
wire or not, but IMO it's a good idea.  Mine goes to one of the gas tank
mounting bolts.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org