[TR] TR3 measurement needed please

To: "TriumphList" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3 measurement needed please
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 13:57:21 -0400
List,
By now you may have seen the pic of me and my TR3 shown at:
http://www.geocities.com/tucson_british_car_register/PaulsTR3A.html

I should explain what I meant by 'broke support'.  Among the stupid things
I've done is that while the frame and body( minus windshield) were on the
rotisserie AND the car was UPSIDE DOWN  'I' let the pneumatic hoist down for
about 5 seconds by accident!  I just wasn't thinking! (about all that weight)
    Although it hit slowly and with no real noise, I never let the car down
that far, I did do damage.  I couldn't tell it at that time (about 1 1/2 ago).
What was in contact with my patio was the driver's side of the scuttle (area
beneath windshield for the untongued).  No damage can be seen for the naked
eye, however, my dash is shaky on the left side (driver's side).  This is why
my gearshift has been rubbing the bottom of the dash!  I am hoping that the
damage is restricted to the left side.  Frank has sent me some preliminary
measurements.  However, Will several TR3A owners also send me their
measurements?  The only measurement I need is this:
    How high above the floorpan is the bottom of the dash?  The place to
measure this is at the extreme end of the dash on the left hand side (driver's
side).  Is this the same for both sides of the car?  My left side measurement
is only 16" while the right is 19".  I am thinking of how to raise this
Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60

===     http://www.vtr.org