RE: [TR] rear brake cylinder tr6

To: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] rear brake cylinder tr6
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:36:37 -0700
> I am in the process of removing the rear brake cylinder.
> There is  a retaining clip that doesn't want to move.
> what has anyone used to deal with it.

It's actually a stack of 3 clips, and the center one has to come out first.
First pry between it and the clip nearest the backing plate, to disengage
the little tabs that hold the two clips together.  Then with the pry bar
(screwdriver) still inserted, tap on the other end of the center clip with a
screwdriver and BFH to drive it out.

If they are rusted together too tightly, then likely you will have to
destroy them with a cold chisel or similar.  Fortunately, new ones aren't
too expensive.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org