RE: [TR] Prince of Darkeness Strikes Again!!!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Prince of Darkeness Strikes Again!!!
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 15:02:42 -0700
> IT WAS THE ROTOR!!!  I measured the rotor from the metal contact to the
> spring that holds the rotor to the shaft, and found about 75Kohms of
> resistance, which is enough to ground out your spark.

Frank, just as a preventative measure, I would suggest you also measure the
resistance of your plug wires, from the contact inside the dizzy cap to the
terminal for the plug.  Even though that may not be the underlying problem in
your case, I have seen it happen, and IMO it's worth checking out.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org