Re: [TR] amp gauges

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] amp gauges
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 19:11:21 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <ambritts@ptdprolog.net>
To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2006 12:15 PM
Subject: [TR] amp gauges

> Question to the list. I have a Lucas ammeter in TR6. Pointer down and
Positive
> to the left. I have a Smith Ammeter, pointer down and positive to the
left. In
> my TR3, Domed glass Lucas ammeter, pointer down and positive to the right.
Is
> this correct for a TR3.
> Alex

The Lucas ammeter in all the side screen cars as well as the domed versions
of the early 4s, had the positive to the right and a fully exposed, downward
pointing needle.  The later 4s and all the 4As with the flat glass and the
half exposed needle had the positive to the left and again pointing down.
The "domed" Lucas ammeter had a slightly less domed glass than the other
three Jaeger units.

All of the Lucas ammeters were date stamped on the side of the case with
month and year of manufacture.  So if original, it should be dated the month
before or month of the car's build month.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana

===     http://www.vtr.org