[TR] 2006 VTR Convention

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] 2006 VTR Convention
From: "Kurtis" <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 16:44:48 -0500
My wife and I made it home from Dallas a couple of hours ago.  This was our
first VTR convention (and first all Triumph event of any type).  We had a
great time and met a lot of great people, including several from the List.
I wish we could have met everyone!  The hotel was first class, as well as
the parking arrangements.

Our trip was almost trouble free.  I had an intermittent electrical gremlin
that I thought was a related to the voltage control box.  It turned out to
be a loose connection on the generator, but I didn't solve it until after
getting it back in the garage.  I ended up driving the last 150 or so miles
with the ignition light on and no functioning charging system.

I took a lot of digital pictures, and will try to start posting some of them
this evening.  The highlight (for me anyway) of the event was the appearance
of the Dolomite Straight Eight (and I have several pictures of that!).

About the only complaint I have was the heat!!!  It was hot, but there was
always plenty of water made available, so I don't think the heat caused and
serious problems for anyone (though I know a few cars suffered).  I also
regret not doing the autocross.  That looked like a heck of a lot of fun!

I'll post a link to the pictures I took when I get them posted!

Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4 - CT19389L
1959 AH Bugeye - AN5L23250