Re: [TR] Timing problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Timing problem
From: adearist@danriver.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:45:15 -0400
Thanks for all the responses!  My father finally found the culprit.
The car is fitted with SUs.  A few days ago we noticed that the jet on the
rear carb was not returning to the carb body when the choke was released.
We fixed that but did not readjust.  Seems that the jet had been stuck
through the last carb tuning and the adjustment to the jet compensated.  A
few turns of mixture and the car runs well.  The engine was simply fuel
starved.
Lessons learned?  Make repairs to one thing at a time.  90% of carb
problems are ignition problems unless they are carb problems.
Thanks,
Ashley deAristizabal

===     http://www.vtr.org