[TR] Early TR4 - Rear Brakes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Early TR4 - Rear Brakes
From: lbc.resto@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 03:06:35 +0000
I have the rear brake cylinders apart. They are both Girling but with different
idents, so I presume that one was replaced previously. My manual shows that the
Girling doesn't have a spring behind the piston whereas the earlier Lockheed
does. However, one cylinder has a spring and the other doesn't. I don't know if
the spring is a correct modification, or a mistake. Can anyone shed any light
on this.

Thanks.

Ian
62 TR4